How to take soil samples – Geographe
This event will provide farmers with the training to complete soil testing with confidence.
You will learn how to:
- Set up DIY equipment (auger and drill) to collect your own soil samples
- GPS coordinates of your sampling locations & download
- Collect samples that best represent your paddocks
- Plus, meet with GeoCatch staff to schedule the loan of DIY equipment.
You will need to bring:
- Cordless drill (with spare battery) – if possible
- Charged mobile device (iphone or iPad) with ‘FilemakerGo’ installed (found in App Store)
- Water bottle, sunscreen and hat/boots
This training is essential for all DIY participants of the Soil Testing program, but everyone is welcome.