Fish Friendly Farms
The Regional Estuaries Initiative has partnered with South Coast Natural Resource Management to engage and educate landholders along Yakamia Creek in riparian protection work to improve water quality and habitat for native fish.
South Coast NRM has been holding workshops with local school children, landholders and community members to help connect them to the indigenous values of the area surrounding Yakamia Creek and the fauna found in and around it.
This understanding and appreciation of the creek’s cultural and environmental significance will be used to initiate on-ground works to improve the riparian zone.
- Better collaborative drainage management
- Brockman Park
- Capacity building
- Catchment modelling
- Catchment monitoring and condition
- Centennial Park Wetland
- Estuary modelling
- Estuary monitoring and condition
- Fencing and revegetation
- Fertiliser management program
- Garden fertiliser use in Leschenault Catchment
- Investment planning for catchment actions
- Phosphorus binding clay
- River health assessments
- Seagrass monitoring
- Soil amendments
- Z-Filter trial